Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baby its cold outside


Mother nature finally got her shit together and realized its November and not the middle of July. There are no words to describe the overwhelming excitement I felt when I reached to the back of my closet for a sweatshirt. It's not even that cold but for Texans it may as well be 20 below. You should have seen the girls on campus, decked out for a blizzard, Uggs, scarves, puffy coats, I even saw a pair of ear muffs. I'm not sure if they think the ski attire is necessary or if maybe they live by the "if you build it they will come" motto and think if they dress that way cold weather will come. Despite the fact that they looked ridiculous it made me so unbelievably ecstatic to see people bundled up, drinking what I can only imagine were festive holiday drinks like pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas. In the spirit of the temperature drop I made chili for Jimmy and his roommates. Everyone in Bryan/College Station must have had the same idea because I snagged the last two cans of chili beans on the shelf. And to make everything even better Oliver has been super snuggly! I can't wait to put up Christmas decorations, listen to Christmas music, drink hot chocolate, and the yankee in me longs for real wintery things like building snowmen, snow angels and sledding. When I think about living up there I think about how much my Aunt Deanna hates the New England winter because it is so cold for so long, but I think I would rather be miserable in the cold for months than be miserable in the unbearable heat for months. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a proud Texan, but I'd love to have more than two seasons. maybe someday. Talking about winter is making me want to watch Elf, which my mom's name is in. Buddy the elf's mom's name is Susan Wells, pay attention next time. And I'm getting really excited about our 2nd annual tacky sweater/white elephant Christmas party! happy almost-winter :)

1 comment:

  1. It was fun putting on an actual jacket but I do prefer the sun and warmth :)

    ReplyDelete