Saturday, December 4, 2010

list of fours

True to form I have procrastinated this post for a long time. The lovely ladies who asked me to share my list of fours are Amy from A Daring Little Life and Lindsay from Scenic Glory. You must visit their adorable blogs. They are both super fabulous, talented women and should definitely be on your daily read list!

Here is my list, but be warned, I'm not good with answering questions without hours of thought, which I don't have right now so these are lacking detail. 

four shows I watch:
  1. Modern Family. It is the funniest show on television. ever. Wednesdays are by far the best day of the week because of this show and my number 2.
  2. Cougartown. As a die hard Friends fan I love Courtney Cox in this show. I usually have a glass of wine while I watch it, because if you watch it you know it is the center of the show 
  3. Criminal Minds.This is one of my favorite shows but I can't watch it alone, or I get super paranoid and think every noise I hear is a serial killer trying to break in. and I am going to become Mrs. Spencer Reid. I think I love him so much because he is super brainy, like Jimmy.
  4. Everything on food network. I love to cook, and love eating even more. So usually food network is always on. 
four things I am passionate about:

  1. transitioning from my last question.. I am passionate about eating. I would rather not go into detail but lets just say my scale wishes I wasn't so passionate about this one.
  2. Oliver. sometimes I think that I'm not going to be able to have kids because of how much I love Oliver. If I love a dog this much when I have a kid I think my heart might literally explode.
  3. My family, Jimmy and his family, my roommates and my friends. I am surrounded by really great people who I love a lot. 
  4. long showers. my best and deepest thoughts and ideas come to me while I shower. and there is no better stress reliever than singing your heart out in the shower. There is something about the acoustics in the bathroom that make me sound like I should be an American Idol.
four phrases I say a lot:
  1. "bomb.com" used to describe something awesome.
  2. "hola" it's how I answer the phone and greet people. But I always feel so awkward when I say it in the presence of a spanish speaking person, because its like one of the 3 spanish words I know.
  3. "whatev" I don't believe in speaking in abbrevies. but this one I can't help but say a lot. 
  4. "love you" you can't say it enough.
four things I've learned from the past:
  1. worrying only makes the situation worse. 
  2. kindness goes a lot further than choosing to be rude.
  3. you never really know a person until you live with them.
  4. your parents really do know whats best.
four places I'd like to go:
  1. Australia
  2. Italy
  3. Alaska
  4. Ireland
four things I did yesterday:
  1. went to class. only two more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pardon the obnoxious amount of exclamation marks but they are beyond necessary)
  2. cleaned the house for our Christmas party. my back is killing me but the house, excluding my room, is spotless. 
  3. went to work. I help at the cutest little shop called jim.n.i in downtown Bryan. I wore new boots that weren't broken in and standing for 5 hours might have broken my toe. or something.
  4. went to dinner with friends. they were nice enough to wait for me to go to dinner, but I didn't get out of work till 11 and the only place open was Denny's. lets just say my stomach is not happy about it.
four things I am looking forward to:
  1. our 2nd annual tacky sweater Christmas party tonight!! We have a white elephant gift exchange that gets pretty crazy 
  2. graduation. I was not made for school, I am so ready to be done. 
  3. my wedding. I am a typical girl and have been thinking about it since I was like 5 and watch all of the wedding shows. (there are no real wedding plans, just little girl dreaming)
  4. having my own house. I can't wait to decorate and create my own style in my own place!
four things I love about winter:
  1. boots. I love buying, wearing and seeing boots. tall, short, black, brown, heels, flats, uggs, riding, hooker. boots boots boots I love them all.
  2. snow. although in Texas there is a lack of it I love snow. 
  3. Holiday decorations. I love seeing scarecrows and pumpkins and hay and then lights, snowmen and Santas. so festive and always puts me in a good mood.
  4. snuggling. I love getting under a warm blanket when the weather is cold. and Oliver and Jimmy are the best guys for the job!
So there you have it, my list of fours. Here are some other awesome ladies who are fantastic bloggers. Can't wait to read your lists.
  1. Brooke at shopgirl (this is my roommate who is getting back into blogging after her summer in NY and I keep telling her how awesome the blogging community is, so show her some love)
  2. e.day at daily e.day 
  3. Brooke at bright wishes 
  4. Kelcy at when there is love there is life

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Such a fun post :)

    Cheers,

    J&E

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your list of fours :) i'm right there with you on the hot showers...it seems to be the place i think of ideas and other creative things. i didn't really think of it until you mentioned it!

    so excited to see more on your plans for your wedding. isn't planning so much fun? it seems like all the good wedding shows came out in the last year or two...perfect timing!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks for tagging me! I actually did a post of that here : http://brightwishes.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-love-of-four.html

    and oh my gosh bomb.com thats hilarious! and also I can't wait to snuggle with my boyfriend. I'm so excited! It's the best during winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna Boileau-GilmanDecember 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM

    oooo jessica I love this. I Do not think I would have predicted this love for cooking you have developed but everything else makes me feel like Im hanging out with you. Love ya tons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm giving you an award!
    http://brightwishes.blogspot.com/2010/12/life-is-good-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayy! :) thank you so much!! i can't wait to make my lists! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got tagged with you on Scenic Glory so I had to come see your list- love it! A couple things we have in common-Love Modern family, love Criminal minds and 2 of my places to visit included Australia and Ireland. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE cougar town so much!! you are so dang cute!

    thank you so much for what you said to me. you are too sweet and i love ya for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I love it!! It's adorable!! :) I'm your newest follower!! I'd love if you check out my blog too! medicalprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete