Saturday, June 12, 2010

Couch-to-5k

I have closed the short chapter in my life that was p90x. I did it for a week, then skipped a week, then did it for another week. During the second time around I lost 6 pounds. But I think that had a lot more to do with stuffing my face less, than with the workouts. p90x is awesome if you want to get super ripped and have huge bulging muscles. But that's not what I'm looking for. I just want to be in shape again.

Despite my years of sports, I have never liked running. And then you have those people who can't go a day without a run. They make me sick. And I want so desperately to be one of them. So I am trading p90x in for couch-to-5k. And hopefully I'll magically become one of those obsessive runners. Mom got me a membership to her gym. I can't even imagine my fat ass running in the 100 degree heat every day. I'm still going to do a few workouts from p90x on on the days when I don't go to the gym.

So that's what I'm doing, training to run a 5k. AND in October I'm doing a muddy buddy run with Jimmy and his family. Believe it or not, I'm super excited about doing this..

No comments:

Post a Comment