Saturday, May 7, 2011

Camera strap cover

I have been dying to break out my sewing machine and since I had my last final yesterday I decided to make a camera strap with some scrap fabric.

First, I followed a tutorial that made one with ruffles, but had a major malfunction/ meltdown when I messed up the last step and basically wasted like 3 hours (it took so long because I had to reteach myself how to use the machine).

but after I remembered how to use my sewing machine and knew I had done the main part of the project right I decided to ditch the ruffles and go pick out a new fabric. 

So I found some new fabric and started over with a more simple instructions and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


And guess how much I paid for 1/2 a yard of the fabric?! $1.65 awesome, I know. And I love the print, it reminds me of a huge painting we had in my old house growing up. 

what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. How cool! I would love to be able to do that!! Have a super Sunday!

    http://bethesong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Lately I've been wishing I knew how to sew, and this makes me want to even more!

    kmhaskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. how crafy of you! I really like the ruffly ones, as well :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by, haven't visited in awhile, been so busy! I am impressed that you sew! I am jealous in a good way! I have always wished I could sew! I fumble! I commend your talent! Never lose the ability! Hope summer is bringing all sorts of great things your way!

    ReplyDelete