Monday, May 3, 2010

Driving

I went home this weekend. And although I love being home the drive kills me. Its not so much the time that gets me, its the completely incompetent idiots who put my life in danger with their terrible driving. Here are a few things I encountered on my drive..

Improper use of the fast lane
For those of you who don't know, or are unclear about this.. THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! it is in no way acceptable to go less than 50 mph in the fast lane on 45. where the speed limit is 70. On the other hand, there is no need to go 100 mph in any lane, ever.

Texting, facebooking, e-mailing while driving
This is so unbelievably irresponsible. I bet you think you're good at it right? You can multi-task? I'm sure every person who caused an accident with their inattention thought the same thing. And for those of you who think its just "stupid kids" who are doing this you couldn't be more wrong. You'd think grown people would have more sense.

Driving like an a-hole
When I'm trying to pass you, DON'T speed up so I can't get over. DON'T drive at the same speed next to me. DON'T ride my ass when I'm trying to pass another car & already going well over the speed limit. When you pass me, DON'T cut right in front of me so I have to slam on my breaks and then pass you.

Misuse, or no use of the blinker
People are aware that it is the law to signal when changing lanes right? I mean, its understandable not to use it if there is no one around you but when you're surrounded by cars, its probably not a great idea to just come into the other lane without a little warning. In addition to this, just because you have your signal on doesn't mean its ok, or safe, for you to enter my lane.

I've come up with some solutions to decrease the frequency of these occurrences, they include.. No cell phones in the front seat. Increase the driving age and enforce an age limit. Make refresher courses required. And most importantly include an I.Q. section in the driving test.

No comments:

Post a Comment